Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Budapest to Berlin

So it's been a good 15 days since i've even bothered to log into this so called 'blog' of mine, but the good news is i now have another friend following me, Dear miss Amber Stahl...  Apart from that, My life hasn't been all that exciting. In recent news, I'll be heading home a whole lot earlier than i had expected to be, all thanks to a lack of this so called 'Money' i have strewn up in my bank account. I have been pushed into debt recently and the only way i can think of making myself feel good about it is to head Back to the homeland to re-earn some dosh so i can fund my next trip.

On travel news... I have just left Budapest for the magical city of Berlin. I got here a day later than i had hoped for, the celebrations of the falling of the Berlin wall, November 9th. Budapest was just as amazing as i had hoped for, although I was not needed in the hostel to work as it had been slow of late. I will be returning to Buda for the summer of '010 to hopefully spend with Taz and Monty, the boyz 2 Be... I had my time in buda, and my experience in Prague thanks to Fabian and the free week, really appreciate it. 


Monty

Tazzzzz

While i was in Budapest, i went to the November 1st celebrations of Day of the Dead (the same day of the dead that happens in Mexico, also on November 1st). it was quite cold that night, and i had worn clothes that apparently were not suitable nor warm enough for a 0 degree night. I took some snaps below...


It's amazing what a high ISO at 10pm at night can do.... 
Candles to commemorate the dead
Jay and Jess in one grave



A wicked grave site, such detail!
Disco baby?

Berlin for me is pretty much just about sightseeing. I've so far been out to a concentration camp (Sachsenhausen), and today down to Checkpoint charlie and the Famous Brandenburg gate, which  was the main passing gate to the Berlin Wall which divided East and West Berlin. It was enjoyable walking around the Gate area, seeing the park and the roads on which the great wall used to run. It is easy to see the german men and women who had lived through this era, I just want to be able to pull them aside to question them on their feelings, where they lived though out the 28 or so years that the wall was up and of course how they felt about the view that tourists have on what is now, a beautiful but still quite disturbed city.

My love goes out to the people that wish they could be joining me in Amsterdam in two days, I know you're all jealous as i will be sitting in a coffee shop smoking a giant spliff... All i have to say it, Sucked in Suckkkaas! 

Big Love,
Jacko

1 comment:

  1. Lucky dude, travelling everywhere. I wish ha.
    In regards to those shoes, I can't get them unless I actually lived in london haha. I live in Canada, thanks though. Whenver I'm in london I'll know where to look!

    G'luck with the rest of your expeditions aha.

    ReplyDelete